Business Development Executive
Business Development Executive
- Up to £30,000 pa basic, dependent on experience (negotiable)
- Monthly Uncapped Commission Structure
- Based in Leeds (free parking)
- Flexible Working
- Company Benefits
Marmion is an established and trusted provider of personal, professional, and ethical permanent recruitment services to both candidates and employers. We never compromise on quality and have an excellent track record which we will continue delivering in line with our growth strategy.
Having continued to successfully operate throughout the pandemic, we have ambitious plans for the future and the success of this will be determined by bringing the right people into our Leeds operation to help us move forward with that vision. We recognise that to reach more people, we need to increase our sales activity, not just through the work we are doing via our dedicated digital marketing and brand development strategy, but by proactively connecting with new businesses we know we can support.
THE OPPORTUNITY & CANDIDATE BRIEF
We are searching for an enthusiastic and results-driven sales individual to join our growing team, with the main objective being to secure new business opportunities which as a result will increase our client portfolio and sales revenue. The successful candidate will be an extremely important part of our growth strategy by identifying, researching, and approaching organisations in order to secure appointments with new prospective clients and thereafter progressing through to generating new business for our recruitment delivery team.
Your duties will include the following:
- Identifying and researching new prospect leads to give you a sound understanding of their business and how Marmion could add value.
- Prospecting new clients via the phone, social media, and networking events, and following up leads in order to secure appointments.
- Conducting new business appointments with an appropriate colleague and either secure the new client by agreeing terms of business or make progress toward securing the new client.
- Building excellent working relationships with new prospects, to maintain a healthy, ongoing pipeline of business, and providing consultative advice where necessary.
- Engaging in and contributing towards internal and external training to help strengthen and achieve your future goals.
- Networking (face to face and remotely) to build exposure of the Marmion brand as well as your own personal brand as a Business Development Executive within a highly competitive industry.
- Working with our digital agency partner to draft informative copy to use across a range of medias to build the exposure of Marmion’s brand.
- Accurately recording all information and ensuring that the CRM/associated administration is kept up to date on a daily basis.
- Developing a sound understanding of relevant sectors by researching, attending industry relevant events, and keeping up to date with news updates.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
We would like to hear from sales individuals with the following experience, skills, and attributes:
- We value drive, experience, skills, and abilities as well as the determination to succeed over specific qualifications so are happy to receive applications from anyone with 3+ years’ demonstrable experience selling B2B services.
- A genuine interest in the business and economic community, both local and global
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to build rapport with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong natural negotiation skills – can spot an opportunity in both social and business settings
- Can proactively maximise on opportunities to drive sales activity
- Demonstrable sales and account management experience and can provide evidence of success and achievement in their career to date
- A confident, enthusiastic, and friendly personality, with a forward-thinking and innovative attitude
- Self-starters – can work independently as well as part of a team
- Have an ability to multitask and prioritise their workload
- Excellent organisational, presentation and financial acumen skills
- Have a full clean driving licence
What we can promise you is this…
- We will continue to offer a service which you will be proud to promote.
- We will provide you with the material and tools to be able to open doors, and plenty of leads to follow in the beginning.
- You will not go in blind, so we will ensure you are given sufficient time to learn and understand exactly what we are offering before you start introducing Marmion, and this training and professional development will be ongoing.
- On top of that, we will pay you a good basic salary as well as a transparent and uncapped commission structure.
- Furthermore, as you help to grow Marmion, you can grow your own team.
If you have the relevant experience and would like to join us at an exciting time of our growth journey, please apply today by submitting your CV, or call Matt Pallister directly on 07943 710 160 for a confidential chat.