£22,000 - £25,000
- Based in Leeds
- Up to £25,000, dependent on experience
- Company Benefits
- Flexible Working Options
THE ROLE & CANDIDATE BRIEF
We are searching for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join our client’s dedicated team to assist with their day-to-day finance operations. Creating invoices, processing payments and reconciling bank accounts; processing purchase invoices, journals, accruals, and pre-payments, is an important part of this role and will be done via ‘Sage 50’, so experience of this software is essential.
The successful candidate will possess exceptional organisational and time management skills and will have demonstrable experience of working successfully in a fast-paced environment. You will have strong numerical aptitude and fantastic interpersonal skills, with an ability to clearly communicate via various methods with internal and external stakeholders at all levels. You will be able to work collaboratively as part of a team but will have the confidence to work to your own initiative, whilst solving problems and at times working under pressure.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Sales and Purchase invoicing.
- Debtor and Creditor Management.
- Processing bank payments and receipts.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Monitoring payment statuses of orders via an Order Management System and taking appropriate action.
- Processing invoices through an in-house automated system.
- Contacting clients to resolve any issues or collect payment when appropriate.
- Entering supplier invoices into an in-house Order Management System.
SKILLS, COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
- Experience working on Sage 50 is essential.
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities.
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- The attitude and ability to meet challenging deadlines.
- An enthusiastic, positive and ‘can do’ approach to work.
- Highly developed administrative skills.
- Strong organisational skills, able to manage workload and multitask effectively.
- A quick learner who can adapt to rapid change.
- Focused with a fine eye for detail.
Our client is an award-winning independent marketing agency who work with a wide variety of clients across the UK. The team are dedicated to providing effective results through a range of services they offer including Graphic Design, Print & Digital Media. They are passionate about everything they do and offer more value to their clients without compromising on the level of service they deliver. The business has plans to grow in the future and is on an upward trajectory to achieving this.
This is an exciting time to join this organisation, with prospects of future career development for the right individual. Training will be provided on their systems and processes. If you feel you are suitable, please apply today by submitting your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Luke Parker or Matt Pallister on 07961 091 500 / 07943 710 160 / 0113 332 0678.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.
With regards to the ongoing Coronavirus (Covid-19) situation, like all responsible businesses we are continuing to monitor the situation and to act in accordance with Government guidelines. Please note that whilst we are having to adapt our services, we continue to work closely with our employer and candidate clients to ensure that resourcing and job sourcing requirements continue to be met in line with our strict professional standards. In the interests of health and safety, we will continue to carry out all forthcoming interviews with our candidates via video interview until further notice.