Area Sales Manager
£40,000 - £45,000
Area Sales Manager
- Salary – £40,000 – £45,000 (plus bonus + car allowance)
- Location – Northern England
- Excellent Group Benefits
- 25 days annual leave + Statutory Holidays
Our Client & The Opportunity
Is one of the country’s leading wholesale suppliers and a designer/importer of high-quality architectural door hardware and furniture. Following a successful acquisition, the company has continued to maintain its standing in this highly competitive market and increased its market share. As a result of an increase in their client base particularly in the north of England (Leeds, Manchester, Huddersfield, and Halifax) a new position has been created to support this upward trajectory for growth. It is critical that the successful individual is equally as committed to maintaining existing relationships as well as expanding the company’s customer base whilst adhering to the highest standards of customer service.
Our Ideal Candidate
Is someone who has a strong sales background, and knowledge of the ironmongery or construction sector. We are looking for someone who has sound geographical knowledge of the M62 region of England as travel is an imperative part of this role. Ideally you will be someone who is proactive, self-motivated and a good team player, with the ability to work and communicate well with others (including different departments). This is a highly cohesive team led by a manager who is both knowledgeable and committed to his team.
- Maintain appropriate levels of contact with the existing client base, ensuring effective planning to maximise call and closing rates.
- Liaise with the internal sales team to follow up on customer enquiries, ensuring customer satisfaction throughout.
- Maximise sales for your area by generating new business and proactively targeting new customers.
- Collaborate with the Product Development team to monitor market activities, as well as promoting new products.
- Provide detailed monthly reports for your area.
- Ensure internal IT systems are kept fully up to date.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety requirements, including business travel, company cars, and equipment.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the business.
- Able to build and sustain effective long-term customer relationships.
- Be self-motivated with a proactive approach and the ability to manage own workload.
- Highly customer focused.
- Excellent negotiation and closing skills.
- Results driven.
- Strong IT skills with Microsoft Office products
This role provides a huge opportunity for someone seeking an employer who will offer the type of prospects, challenges, and rewards that are not readily available from most organisations. If you feel you are suitable, please apply today or if you would like to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Luke Parker directly on 07961 091 500.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.