£40,000 - £50,000
IT & Digital
- Based in Nottingham
- Flexible Working Options
- £40,000 – £50,000, dependent on experience
- Excellent Company Benefits
Our client is a well-established, successful, and authorised provider/reseller of enterprise technology and managed IT solutions. It is an extremely forward-thinking organisation committed to investing in the business and its people to ensure it maintains its reputation as a market leader and provider within this very dynamic sector. Integrity is at the core of what it does and has been a significant and contributing factor in their history of year-on-year growth. As an outcome of their continued success and due to recent contract wins, there is no doubt that our client has the capacity to continue increasing the number of awards. In order to continue on that upward trajectory, they are increasing their bid team and now seek an experienced Bid Manager.
Working closely with the Sales Operations Director and Bid Coordinator, the Bid Manager will be responsible for the effective end to end management of strategic company pursuits which will involve assembling and coordinating the activity of a multi-disciplinary bid team comprising suitable representation from all relevant functional areas.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing the quality and relevance of the client submission, capturing, and sharing of response materials and be the brand guardian on response tone and voice.
- Conducting bid reviews, contributing to the analysis of customer requirements and priorities, and working with the salesforce to develop win themes for all bids.
- Briefing senior management on the progress of all ongoing Bid Management supported pursuits, ensuring all risks to completing a successful pursuit are highlighted at the first opportunity.
- Providing bid support and oversight to business leads on current and forthcoming pursuits.
- Highlighting, as required, the need for external subject matter experts or external bid support and providing details on the level of experience, expertise and number of days’ effort required.
- Working with Sales on Bid Management activities including;
- Identifying suitable sales opportunities released through established framework agreements or via the open tender process.
- Developing and maintaining collateral to be used in sales pursuits.
- Assisting with the completing of PQQs, bids and Framework submissions.
- Coordinating and managing the governance process.
- Facilitating the bid process by registering interest to participate in a procurement, posing/capturing responses to clarifications and submitting completed bids.
- Producing and reporting on management information to contracting authorities.
We are searching for a candidate with demonstrable bid management and project management experience, with knowledge of working within a successful bid. Having gained extensive and demonstrable experience working within a fast paced and focused bid team in the ICT (or similar) sector, and preferably within the UK Public Sector, you will have the relevant industry knowledge to succeed in a bid environment.
Key skills, experience, and competencies:
- Awareness of Governance processes and approaches.
- Knowledge of the UK Public Sector procurement processes. (Sales experience in this area would be desirable).
- Demonstrable experience of IT solution implementation.
- Can comprehend (not design) complex solutions and Managed Services.
- Have strong commercial acumen and awareness.
- Are highly organised, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise their own workload.
- Have outstanding communication skills, both verbally and written, with the confidence to deal with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Are technically minded and possess strong computer literacy with experience on Microsoft Office.
- Have strong negotiation, presentation, and financial skills.
- Are analytical with outstanding attention to detail.
- Proactive approach to managing work priorities and deadlines.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Are a strong team player but also have the ability to work independently.
- Available to travel as required (desirable)
- Good knowledge of ISO accreditations (desirable)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and growing organisation in a role that could expose you to some very interesting work. If you are interested, please apply today or to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Matt Pallister directly on 07943 710 160 / 0113 332 0678.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.
With regards to the ongoing Coronavirus (Covid-19) situation, like all responsible businesses we are continuing to monitor the situation and to act in accordance with Government guidelines. Please note that whilst we are having to adapt our services, we continue to work closely with our employer and candidate clients to ensure that resourcing and job sourcing requirements continue to be met in line with our strict professional standards. In the interests of health and safety, we will continue to carry out all forthcoming interviews with our candidates via video interview until further notice.