Service Desk Lead
IT & Digital
Service Desk Lead
- £27,500 pa, dependent on experience
- Based in Nottingham
- Occasional on call rota
- Excellent Company Benefits
Our client is a well-established, successful, and authorised provider/reseller of enterprise technology and managed IT solutions. It is an extremely forward-thinking organisation committed to investing in the business and its people to ensure it maintains its reputation as a market leader and provider within this very dynamic sector. Integrity is at the core of what it does and has been a significant and contributing factor in their history of year-on-year growth. As an outcome of their continued success and a significant pipeline of work, we have an opportunity for a Service Desk Lead to join their established Service Desk team to support their growing client base.
We are looking for an experienced Service Desk Lead to join our client’s IT Support team. Reporting to the Service Desk Manager and supporting a small team, the successful candidate will be responsible for maximising team productivity through monitoring, coaching, and ensuring internal processes are adhered to. Your role will also include handling incidents and requests escalated by the 1st Line Team, ensuring that faults are diagnosed and requests are completed within contracted SLA’s. A high standard of customer service and people management skills will be required at all times.
The successful candidate must be able to offer flexibility and be willing to work according to ever changing operational requirements. Our client is very committed to and actively encourages all colleagues to pursue personal development objectives which will be achieved by self-study. This will include keeping up to date with current technologies and undertaking any training that the organisation requires.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Effectively leading a team of service desk engineers, conducting regular meetings and 121’s for the management of performance levels to ensure team coherence and morale.
- Ensuring KPI’s are monitored and consistently met, and maximising team performance against contractual SLA’s to ensure that case backlogs are managed and effectively reduced.
- Taking ownership of customer satisfaction feedback and participating in root cause analysis.
- Ensuring all team members have SMART objectives agreed and regularly reviewed.
- Delivering best practice technical/procedural advice to engineers.
- Responding to team related issues and requests in conjunction with the relevant Service Delivery Manager.
- Ensuring that ServiceNow updates are accurate and in line with defined procedures and productivity.
- Ensuring that your team is operationally ready for transitioned services, including the delivery of training and familiarisation across the team.
- Ensuring timely completion of CSIP and CI actions.
- Ensuring adherence to quality/security and ISO standards.
- Effectively inducting new team members into the business in line with Company Guidelines and ensuring they are fully supported throughout their probation period, and ongoing employment.
- Providing feedback to the management team on all areas of team performance.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- 2+ years’ experience as a Senior/Lead Service Desk Engineer.
- ITIL Foundation qualified or are able to demonstrate a robust working knowledge of the ITIL Framework.
- Able to demonstrate innovation by suggesting ways of improving customer satisfaction and generating additional business.
- Able to work well under pressure with an ability to multi-task, by using good time management techniques.
- Maintaining an accurate diary, utilising communication equipment, and remaining as accessible as possible throughout the working day.
- Be punctual and tenacious, whilst demonstrating perseverance.
- Be experienced with ServiceNow case handling.
- An exceptional verbal and written communicator.
- Have strong customer service skills, empathising with customers and approaching telephone conversations with a polite manner.
This is an exciting time to join a well-established yet growing organisation within the technology industry. Our successful candidates have provided 5* feedback on their experience of working for this business and if you would like to join a company who has a dynamic and progressive strategy for growth, please apply today. Alternatively, to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Matt Pallister or Jonny McPartland on the number listed on our website: www.marmionrecruitment.co.uk.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.
With regards to the ongoing Coronavirus (Covid-19) situation, like all responsible businesses we are continuing to monitor the situation and to act in accordance with Government guidelines. Please note that whilst we are having to adapt our services, we continue to work closely with our employer and candidate clients to ensure that resourcing and job sourcing requirements continue to be met in line with our strict professional standards. In the interests of health and safety, we will continue to carry out all forthcoming interviews with our candidates via video interview until further notice.