Software Test Lead
£50,000 - £55,000
IT & Digital
- Up to £55,000
- North Yorkshire
- Flexible working hours/Office based 3 days per week
- Excellent company benefits
We are acting on behalf of one of the UK’s leading smart energy technology organisations based in North Yorkshire. Our client’s in-house mechanical design, engineering and development teams create products which provide the consumer securely accessed real-time energy data which allows them to gain a greater understanding of their energy consumption, in the drive to achieve the goal of Net Zero. As a result of their continued growth and plans for the future, they are now looking for a Software Test Lead to join their team.
CANDIDATE AND ROLE BRIEF
The ideal candidate will have a passion for software and hardware testing, be confident in writing test plans and reports and working alongside colleagues from different departments to ensure all requirements and products meet the needs of the customers.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Define the testing strategy for the company, leading the software testing.
- Lead on the product test and verification efforts.
- Develop test plans from requirements documents.
- Work collaboratively with the engineering teams to ensure products meet the needs of the customers.
- Involvement in strategic projects, ensuring the test plans are thorough in their construction and execution.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Basic knowledge of IoT wireless protocols, including zigbee, WiFi, MQTT, etc.
- Ideally experience with software development in Python.
- Ideally an understanding and experience of embedded digital electronics.
- Ability to construct new test approaches, which will exercise consumer electronic devices.
- Hands-on approach to their work, ensuring device testing is completed in an efficient and thorough manner.
- Ability and willingness to adapt, with a passion for software and hardware testing.
- Excellent communication skills with the confidence to present their findings to key stakeholders.
- Team-centric who appreciates a challenge.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and thorough software tester who is confident in leading the company’s testing strategy and looking progress their career within an award-winning and fast-growing organisation. If you are interested in this position, please apply today or contact Alice McGlaughlin directly on 07494454777 / 01423 200058.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.
With regards to the ongoing Coronavirus (Covid-19) situation, like all responsible businesses we are continuing to monitor the situation and to act in accordance with Government guidelines. Please note that whilst we are having to adapt our services, we continue to work closely with our employer and candidate clients to ensure that resourcing and job sourcing requirements continue to be met in line with our strict professional standards. In the interests of health and safety, we will continue to carry out all forthcoming interviews with our candidates via video interview until further notice.