Technical 3rd Line Manager
IT & Digital
Technical 3rd Line Manager
- Up to £50,000 pa, dependent on experience
- Based in Nottingham
- Excellent Company Benefits
Our client is a well-established, successful, and authorised provider/reseller of enterprise technology and managed IT solutions. It is an extremely forward-thinking organisation committed to investing in the business and its people to ensure it maintains its reputation as a market leader and provider within this very dynamic sector. Integrity is at the core of what it does and has been a significant and contributing factor in their history of year-on-year growth. As an outcome of their continued success and a significant pipeline of work, we have an opportunity for a Technical Manager to join and lead our client’s 3rd Line Engineers, Device Management Team and Technical Architects to support their growing client base.
Reporting into the Head of Managed and Support Services, you will be responsible for leading, mentoring and developing the 3rd Line Engineers, the Device Management team and Technical Architects to ensure full process adherence whilst maximising team productivity. The successful candidate will collaborate with the DevSecOps and Pre-Sales team to ensure that the Managed Services team remains aligned with the company technical development strategy. You will be a leader and ambassador for your team, identifying and nurturing key relationships both internally and externally, and you will work collaboratively with the Service Desk Manager and within ITIL functions to ensure a holistic approach to end-to-end service is received by all clients. Our ideal candidate will not only be experienced in managing and building successful teams, but we also be able to bring significant technical expertise and guidance to these established teams.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading a team of engineers, conducting regular meetings and one-to-one sessions, to effectively manage performance levels, morale and career development.
- Driving team performance and delivering best practice technical and procedural advice to engineers.
- Ensuring 3rd Line backlog is managed within contractual SLAs, identifying blocker to service, and working with all teams to resolve issues.
- Owning the delivery and evolution of Technical Architect contractual obligations and highlighting any potential sales opportunities to Account Managers.
- Guiding and mentoring the team to be innovators in the field of Device Management across a range of solutions, whilst staying ahead of developments in Jamf, Intune and other MDM provisions and management.
- Owning the technical wellbeing of 3rd line, TDA/Device Management teams and ensuring that skillsets are aligned to the DevSecOps technical strategy.
- Maintaining an accurate training log and working with the Head of Managed Services to ensure adequate training budgets are agreed in advance and in line with the technical pipeline.
- Collaborating with DevSecOps, Pre-Sales and Professional Services to form a highly skilled technical community, hosting technical forums designed to input into the department roadmap and service development plan.
- Creating and maintaining a development roadmap for 3rd Line Engineering team, Technical Architects and Device Management Team.
- Developing toolsets and mechanism designs to reduce cost-per-solve and enhance the customer experience.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Strong demonstrable experience of managing/leading technical IT service teams.
- In-depth incident management knowledge.
- A strong technical background with solid understanding of Infrastructure Support, Azure, Jamf 300/400, etc.
- ITIL V3 or V4 Foundation certified.
- Excellent communication and proven leadership abilities.
- Able to capture and analyse data and produce meaningful reports.
- Confident in communicating with management, customers, and colleague alike, whilst being diplomatic and customer focused.
- Able to demonstrate innovation by suggesting ways of improving customer satisfaction and generating additional business.
- Able to work well under pressure with an ability to multi-task, by using good time management techniques.
- Maintaining an accurate diary, utilising communication equipment, and remaining as accessible as possible throughout the working day.
- Be punctual and tenacious, whilst demonstrating perseverance.
- Have strong customer service skills, empathising with customers and approaching telephone conversations with a polite manner.
This is an exciting time to join a well-established yet growing organisation within the technology industry. Our client is very committed to, and actively encourages all colleagues to pursue personal development objectives which will be achieved by self-study. This will include keeping up to date with current technologies and undertaking any training that the organisation requires. Our successful candidates have provided 5* feedback on their experience of working for this business and if you would like to join a company who has a dynamic and progressive strategy for growth, please apply today by submitting you CV to email@example.com. Alternatively, to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Jonny McPartland on 07375 675 049.
Thank you for taking an interest in the role advertised. We’d like to confirm that each CV received is read thoroughly by a trained consultant. If we have not contacted you within 5 working days of your application, please understand that the CV received, and the information provided does not meet the requirements of the role. However, if you wish to speak to the named consultant about your application, please feel free to contact us directly.